[blfs-support] How can I make an efficient backup or clone of my basic linux from scratch (lfs) system?

Subject: How can I make an efficient backup or clone of my basic linux 
from scratch (lfs) system?

Good evening from Singapore,

I have just completed building my basic linux from scratch system on my 
Toshiba 1 TB 3.5 inch internal SATA harddisk /dev/sdb.

There are 3 partitions in /dev/sdb. The whole harddisk /dev/sdb is 1 
terabytes (TB).

/dev/sdb1 is the EFI partition (512 MB). FAT32 filesystem.

/dev/sdb2 is the LFS root partition (30 GB). ext4 filesystem.

/dev/sdb3 is the swap parition (1.5 GB).

You may refer to my redundant blog posts.

Blogger: Announcing Teo En Ming Linux 2020.03 (FINAL)

Link: 
https://tdtemcerts.blogspot.com/2020/03/announcing-teo-en-ming-linux-202003.html

Wordpress: Announcing Teo En Ming Linux 2020.03 (FINAL)

Link: 
https://tdtemcerts.wordpress.com/2020/03/12/announcing-teo-en-ming-linux-2020-03-final/

How can I make an efficient backup or clone of my basic lfs system?

Should I backup/clone /dev/sdb2 only, or backup/clone /dev/sdb1 + 
/dev/sdb2, or backup/clone /dev/sdb1 + /dev/sdb2 + /dev/sdb3?

/dev/sdb3 does not include any useful information. It is just a swap 
partition.

What backup or cloning software should I use? Is dd sufficient? What is 
the proper command for dd?

Currently i am using the following command only:

$ sudo dd if=/dev/sdb2 
of=/home/teo-en-ming/teo-en-ming-linux-2020.03-final-dd.img

Please advise.

Thank you very much.






REFERENCES
==========

[1] http://lists.linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/blfs-support/2020-March/081849.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to solve error installing Kaspersky Endpoint Security 11 on MacBook/macOS Big Sur

[24 Mar 2022 Thursday] Erectile Dysfunction and Viagra