Good morning from Singapore,
Does Linux Kernel 5.5.7 have automatic built-in support for aufs and
unionfs filesystems? Or do I need to apply the aufs and unionfs patches
as outlined in the following year 2013 guide?
Guide: "New hint submission: Build your own LFS livecd."
Link:
http://lists.linuxfromscratch.org/pipermail/hints/2013-March/003307.html
I have just created my own custom Linux distribution called Teo En Ming
Linux 2020.03 (FINAL), which is based on Linux From Scratch
20200302-systemd and Linux Kernel 5.5.7. I am trying to create a
bootable Live CD/DVD iso of Teo En Ming Linux 2020.03 (FINAL).
Hopefully I do not have to patch Linux Kernel 5.5.7 to enable support
for aufs and unionfs filesystems.
Nonetheless, compiling Linux Kernel 5.5.7 took only a mere 19 minutes on
my latest state-of-the-art AMD Ryzen 3 3200G processor with Radeon Vega
8 Graphics and Gigabyte B450M DS3H Socket AM4 motherboard with 32 GB
Transcend DDR4-2666 RAM.
Please advise.
Thank you.
REFERENCES
==========
[1] https://lkml.org/lkml/2020/3/13/680
[2] http://lkml.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/2003.1/07258.html
[3] https://marc.info/?l=linux-kernel&m=158411559425342&w=2
Comments
Post a Comment